Spinal Cord Stimulation Near Columbus Ohio
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What Is Neuromodulation?
Neuromodulation is a procedure to reduce or alleviate pain, spasticity, and a host of other chronic pain symptoms. This procedure (also referred to as neurostimulation) comes in different treatment options, such as:
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Dorsal root ganglion (DRG) stimulation
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- Restorative stimulation
Neuromodulation devices either deliver electrical stimulation or small doses of medication to nerves around the spine and the brain to disrupt pain impulses carried in the spinal nerves and spinal cord. Our expert pain management physicians at Pain Zero offer the latest technologies in neuromodulation as a way for patients with chronic pain to regain their quality of life. Schedule a consultation at one of our Central Ohio offices to find out if this approach is right for you.
What are the Benefits of Neuromodulation?
There are many reasons men and women choose neuromodulation when working with our professionals at Pain Zero. Treatments provide long-term and significant pain relief, improve mobility, and restore your overall quality of life. Additional benefits include:
- Reduce your reliance on pain medications: Neuromodulation may reduce the need for medications like opioids, making it a viable alternative when conservative treatments have not been successful.
- Avoid invasive surgery: If you are not a candidate or are uninterested in surgery or other invasive treatments, neuromodulation can provide similar benefits with less risk.
- Customize your treatment: Neuromodulation is designed to meet your individual needs based on your diagnosis. The team members at Pain Zero are experienced in providing personalized results.
What to Expect from Neuromodulation
Neuromodulation is a rapidly growing field in pain management. This treatment generally is performed only if nonsurgical pain relief options have not been successful in chronic pain patients. These innovative devices target the brain and/or nervous system at specific locations in the body, delivering mild electrical signals or medication to relieve pain and restore function. At Pain Zero, our team offers the following stimulation systems:
- Spinal cord stimulation – This implanted device sends low electrical currents directly into the spinal cord to relieve pain. Thin wires or electrodes are placed between the spinal cord and vertebrae, and a generator is placed near the buttocks or abdomen under the skin. Patients use a remote control when they feel pain.
- Dorsal root ganglion (DRG) stimulation – The generator is implanted into the body and sends out mild electrical pulses to the insulated wires in the area of the DRG. The patient carries a remote control that allows them to adjust stimulation as needed. This stimulation treats chronic pain in the lower areas of the body, such as the foot, knee, hip, or groin.
- Peripheral nerve stimulation – A small electrical device is surgically implanted next to the peripheral nerves, which are located beyond the brain or spinal cord. A generator is also implanted to send the electrical pulses and controlled by the patient. This treatment works best for lower back pain, neck pain, painful nerve injuries, post-amputation pain, trigeminal neuralgia, complex regional pain syndrome, and more.
- Restorative stimulation – This emerging therapy reduces chronic lower back pain and improves the function of muscles that stabilize the lumbar spine. Similar to other stimulation systems, this treatment involves an implanted device, generator, and remote control.
Pain Zero Reviews
This is my first visit it went pretty good I felt relaxed with them and it seemed like he truly really wanted to help me to get my pain in order and I'm looking forward to my next visit till I see I can see where we go next on handling my pain shook my hand very polite very good doctor
Dr Harris is a breath of fresh air in every aspect of a doctor patient relationship. He is profoundly attentive to the needs of his patients and has the ability to communicate effectively with them and to put together a plan that will be in their best interest. I can highly recommend him to anyone that is suffering with unbearable pain. He has been a great help to me in treating my unbearable pain.
I was very happy with the doctor and his decisions to help me with the pain problems I have been dealing with!
He is a really good doctor, he is checking all possible things in my back so he knows how to treat me
My first experience put my back at ease.
Get In Touch
Reactivate Your Life
Advanced technologies in neuromodulation or neurostimulation are helping patients with chronic pain to reactivate their lives and manage pain on their own terms. To arrange a consultation to discuss these innovative therapies, schedule an appointment with our pain care specialists at Pain Zero in Central Ohio.