Minimally Invasive Spine Treatment in Central Ohio
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What Are Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments?
Minimally invasive surgical spine treatments at Pain Zero are recommended for patients who have tried other ways to treat their pain and spinal conditions with mediocre outcomes. Our pain care team at Pain Zero specializes in the following surgeries to relieve pain only when nonsurgical treatments have failed:
- Discectomy – This involves the removal of a portion of an intervertebral disc that causes pain, weakness, or numbness.
- Annuloplasty – This treats a bulging or herniated disc in the lower back through a tiny opening that reduces pain and other symptoms in the back, buttocks, leg, and foot. It is also called intradiscal electrothermal therapy.
- Nucleoplasty – Image guidance is used to remove a small amount of herniated disc tissue to relieve pressure on the nerves to help reduce pain and restore mobility.
- Spacer – This implants interspinous spacers in the lower spine to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis.
- Lumbar spinal fusion – This fuses two or more vertebrae and prevents any movement between the fused vertebrae.
- Sacroiliac joint (SIJ) fusion – SIJ grafts together the ilium (pelvis) and sacrum (the lowest part of the spine above the tailbone) to stabilize an injury and relieve pain.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Whether our pain specialist recommends a discectomy, annuloplasty, nucleoplasty, spacer, lumbar spine fusion, or SIJ fusion, these different medical procedures for the spine do share several attributes, such as:
- Performed safely in an outpatient setting
- Easier and faster recovery time than traditional surgery
- Reduces the occurrence of cutting through soft tissues and muscles to access the spine
- Requires smaller incisions with less blood loss
If nonsurgical methods have not reduced your pain and other symptoms, and you wish to discuss your spinal condition with our experienced pain management doctors, reach out to Pain Zero in Central Ohio to get the process started for possible minimally invasive spinal surgery.
Get In Touch
Relieve Spine Pain
Your quality of life can be greatly affected by pain and discomfort from spinal conditions. Pain Zero offers innovative, minimally invasive spine surgeries to treat your condition effectively and safely. Contact one of our Central Ohio offices to learn more about how our team can help relieve your spine pain.