Minimally Invasive Spine Treatment in Central Ohio
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What Are Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments?
At Pain Zero, our experienced team understands that spinal pain, numbness, limited mobility, and more can be caused by a variety of spinal injuries and conditions. We also understand that, even though treatments such as steroid injections, physical rehabilitation, and others may have proven ineffective at treating your specific pain, many patients still would prefer to avoid surgery, with its higher cost and longer recovery time. That's why we offer several effective minimally invasive spine treatment options to help reduce back pain and improve function. Minimally invasive surgical spine treatments at Pain Zero are recommended for patients who have tried other ways to treat their pain and spinal conditions with mediocre outcomes. We provide multiple treatment options that can be customized for your needs, including discectomies, annuloplasty, lumbar spinal fusion, and more. If you've tried other nonsurgical treatments with little to no result, contact our offices in New Albany, OH and Westerville, OH to schedule a consultation. Let us help you get the effective pain relief you need to achieve a better quality of life.
The Benefits of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
Whether our pain specialist recommends a discectomy, annuloplasty, nucleoplasty, spacer, lumbar spine fusion, or SIJ fusion, these different medical procedures for the spine do share several attributes, such as:
- Performed safely in an outpatient setting
- Easier and faster recovery time than traditional surgery
- Reduces the occurrence of cutting through soft tissues and muscles to access the spine
- Requires smaller incisions with less blood loss
If nonsurgical methods have not reduced your pain and other symptoms, and you wish to discuss your spinal condition with our experienced pain management doctors, reach out to Pain Zero in Central Ohio to get the process started for possible minimally invasive spinal surgery.
How Do Minimally Invasive Spine Treatments Work?
Depending on your needs, our team can choose from a variety of the latest effective treatment options to help you find relief. We begin by listening to your concerns and goals for treatment. Then, we will conduct a thorough examination to pinpoint the root cause or causes of your pain and to determine which treatment will be most successful. At Pain Zero, we specialize in the following surgeries to relieve pain only when nonsurgical treatments have failed:
- Discectomy – This involves the removal of a damaged portion of an intervertebral disk that causes pain, weakness, or numbness. A discectomy produces the best results for herniated disks that cause pain that radiates into the arms and legs.
- Annuloplasty – This minimally invasive treatment addresses a bulging or herniated disk in the lower back to reduce pain and other symptoms in the back, buttocks, leg, and foot. Also called intradiscal electrothermal therapy, this treatment uses controlled thermal energy to close disk wall tears.
- Nucleoplasty – For patients with severe, prolonged back pain from a herniated disk that hasn't responded to other treatment methods, nucleoplasty offers an effective, minimally invasive solution. Using image guidance, our team can remove a small amount of herniated disk tissue with targeted thermal energy to decompress herniated disks. This helps relieve pressure on the nerves to reduce pain and restore mobility.
- Spacer – This procedure implants interspinous spacers in the lower spine to relieve the symptoms of spinal stenosis. By providing more space between affected vertebrae, spacers reduce spinal compression and free compressed nerves that can cause pain and other symptoms.
- Lumbar spinal fusion – Spinal fusion can treat herniated or damaged disks, spinal weakness or instability, or spinal deformities. This procedure fuses two or more vertebrae and prevents any movement between the fused vertebrae.
- Sacroiliac joint (SIJ) fusion – SIJ grafts together the ilium (pelvis) and sacrum (the lowest part of the spine above the tailbone) to stabilize an injury and relieve pain.
What Should I Expect Following Minimally Invasive Spine Treatment?
Your exact recovery timetable and aftercare instructions following minimally invasive spine treatment at Pain Zero may vary depending on the exact procedure that is right for treating your pain. However, in all circumstances, the recovery time is much shorter than comparable open spine surgeries. In most cases, you should be able to return home after your minimally invasive spine treatment on the same day or no more than a couple of days after the procedure. The full recovery process may also vary based on your specific treatment, but most patients will need about six weeks to heal, with up to two weeks away from work.
Get In Touch
Get Relief For Spine Pain Without Surgery
Every aspect of life from work and play to getting proper sleep can be negatively impacted by the pain and discomfort caused by spinal conditions and injuries. That's why our experienced team at Pain Zero offers minimally invasive spine treatments to address your condition safely and effectively. With a variety of the most advanced treatments, including discectomy, annuloplasty, lumbar spinal fusion, and more, we can customize your treatment plan for your unique needs. If you're in Central Ohio and are ready to experience real relief, contact our office in New Albany, OH to schedule a consultation. Let us work with you to find the right treatment to help you live freely and more comfortably.